A Doula is a beneficial addition to your birth team if
any of the following things are true about yourself:
- Birthing in a hospital, at a birth center, or at your home
- Your care provider is a Obstetrician or Midwife
- Planning a vaginal delivery or a cesarean section
- Wanting an unmedicated birth or planning to use an epidural
- Trying for a VBAC, anticipating an induction or completely unsure still
- Low risk pregnancy or high risk pregnancy
- Married, in a relationship, single mom, surrogate, or adoptive parent
- Writing a birth plan or planning to simply go with the flow
- You’re having just one baby or planning for multiples
- This is your first, second, third, fourth or fifth baby
- You desire to breastfeed or use formula to feed your baby
- Working full time, part time or plan to stay home with your baby
- Want to feel confident, supported, encouraged, educated, empowered, or validated
We believe there are many variables that determine what is best for you as you birth your baby.
Here at Coastal Doulas of Palm Beach we promise to always provide the exceptional care you need and want during this exciting time.
How ever you plan to birth your baby, we are here to provide the care you need along the way to feel confident in your choices and fully supported from start to finish.
We look foward to meeting you!
From the time you see the two little lines show up on the stick, you are being inundated with decisions to make regarding you and your baby. These decisions continue all through pregnancy, as you near your due date, into labor & delivery, and after as you decide the best way to parent and care for your newborn.
All of the decisions can feel so overwhelming. You want to make the right decisions…but how do you know?
There is a wonderful acronym that you can use called B.R.A.I.N.. Whether you’re trying to create a birth plan, considering an induction or undecided about pain medication during labor; stop and use your B.R.A.I.N.
B – Benefits: What are the benefits of doing what is suggested?
R – Risks: What are the risks to me and my baby of doing what is suggested? Does this affect any of my other plans or desires?
A – Alternatives: Are there any other alternatives or options for me to consider?
I – Intuition: How does this decision make me feel? Am I at peace with moving forward? What decision makes me feel most peaceful?
N – Nothing: What happens if I decide to do nothing? What if I wait longer?
Click here for your own FREE B.R.A.I.N. print out
Knowledge is powerful! Do not be afraid to ask questions and know your options before making decisions that affect you and your baby.
Here at Coastal Doulas of Palm Beach, we are invested in providing you with support, education and resources as you make important decisions for yourself and baby. Let us know if you’re interested in finding out how a doula can help you be fully informed and educated during pregnancy and childbirth, contact us today.