Our classes & workshops are designed to cater to the individual needs of the families in our community. We offer both private & group class options to accommodate your busy schedules and personal preferences.
Knowledge unlocks choices, and knowing your choices can be empowering. Whether you’re planning a hospital birth or a home birth, a medicated or unmedicated birth, our classes are designed to help you understand the process and to be educated your options. We want you to feel confidence in making the best choices you can for you and your baby.
– Learn how your own decision-making processes will help you make the best decisions possible
– Take a special approach to envisioning your birth experience while identifying your individual needs
– Learn the anatomy & physiology of childbirth and become knowledgable in the different stages of labor
– Understand your options & create a birth plan with your personal preferences
– Explore various methods of comfort measures and relaxation to inspire your own unique childbirth style
This 2 hour class covers the basics of breastfeeding and is taught by Amber Nagele, M.A., CCC-SLP, CLC:
– Milk supply & common myths
– Latch & positioning
– Preventing common breastfeeding obstacles
– What to expect in the first days/weeks
– Preparing to go back to work (if necessary)
Newborn Care Classes
Together you will also learn and practice the basics of newborn care including swaddling, burping, feeding, changing & bathing. You will learn tips & tricks for soothing fussy babies, become more knowledgeable about common newborn ailments and cover the ins and outs of what to expect in the early days and weeks after your baby is born. It’s also a wonderful opportunity to meet other parents, and maybe even leave with a new friend or two! The transition to parenthood is often stressful and demanding but also full of joy and excitement as new parents welcome their bundle of joy into the family.