Our prenatal and parenting classes & workshops are designed to cater to the individual needs of the families in our community.
We offer both private & group class options to accommodate your busy schedules and personal preferences.
Interested in registering for classes and workshops? Take a look at our upcoming schedule here:
2019 Classes & Workshops
Childbirth Prep – Childbirth Education
Knowledge unlocks choices, and knowing your choices can be empowering. Whether you’re planning a hospital birth or a home birth, a medicated or unmedicated birth, our classes are designed to help you understand the process and to be educated your options. We want you to feel confidence in making the best choices you can for you and your baby.
– Learn how your own decision-making processes will help you make the best decisions possible
– Take a special approach to envisioning your birth experience while identifying your individual needs
– Learn the anatomy & physiology of childbirth and become knowledgable in the different stages of labor
– Understand your options & create a birth plan with your personal preferences
– Explore various methods of comfort measures to inspire your own unique childbirth style
Five Hour Childbirth Prep Workshop for $140
This 2 hour class covers the basics of breastfeeding and is taught by Amber Nagele, M.A., CCC-SLP, CLC:
– Milk supply & common myths
– Latch & positioning
– Preventing common breastfeeding obstacles
– What to expect in the first days/weeks
– Preparing to go back to work (if necessary)
Two Hour Breastfeeding Class for $40
Parenting Foundations – Postpartum Planning, Newborn Care, & Early Development
This one day workshop is designed to equip you with the knowledge and tools you need as you rest and recover from birth, learn to care for your newborn, & step into parenthood confidently.
During the morning session, we will walk through the process of creating a specific postpartum plan as you intentionally allow yourself time to heal, rest, & bond as a family. Together we will practice the basics of newborn care, including swaddling, burping, feeding, changing & bathing. We will discuss tips & tricks for soothing fussy babies, become more knowledgeable about common newborn ailments, and cover the ins and outs of what to expect in the early days after your baby arrives.
In the afternoon we will be joined by child development specialist and parent coach, Caley Kukla, M.Ed as she presents the highlights of the first two years of your child’s life. We will cover milestones across the five major domains, how to facilitate and optimize your baby’s development, and responsive parenting techniques so you and your partner can start your parenting journey as a united team.
Full Day Parenting Foundations Workshop for $99
Bringing Baby Home Workshop – Building Strong Parenting Relationships
The Gottman Bringing Baby Home (BBH) workshop is a research-based and research-tested psychoeducational workshop that is dedicated to improving the quality of life for babies and children by strengthening their families. It is specifically designed for those planning to become pregnant, expectant couples and parents with children through the age of three.
The goal of BBH is to equip you with the knowledge and skill sets needed to constructively cope with the various changes that typically occur during the first three years after your baby is born.
In this two day workshop, you and your partner will learn how to do the following:
- Strengthen your friendship
- Increase intimacy and affection
- Work through conflict with greater ease
- Maintain relationship satisfaction
- Reduce hostility
- Create positive baby-child interactions
- Ensure quality involvement for both parents
- Reduce the incidence or severity of postpartum mood disorders
In addition to teaching you what to expect during the transition to parenthood, this workshop will also help you do things like: Better understand child development, create co-parenting strategies with your partner, improve the way you and your partner communicate, and recognize signs of postpartum mood disorders while gaining awareness of treatment options.
Two Day Bringing Baby Home Workshop for $300