What is Placenta Encapsulation?
Placenta Encapsulation is the process of a new mother consuming her placenta postpartum. The placenta is prepared and steamed with ginger & lemon on the stove. It is then sliced, dehydrated and ground into a powder. At that time the powder is processed into capsules for the mother’s personal consumption.
Possible Benefits Include:
- Preventing and/or lessening the risk of postpartum depression or ‘baby blues’
- Replenishing the mother’s iron from blood loss during birth and to help prevent postpartum anemia
- Lending the mother a consistent flow of oxytocin long after her birth euphoria ends
- Providing the HPL hormone to help establish early and healthy milk supply
- To stabilize her ever changing hormones after birth
- To replenish her B vitamins and energy that were used during the labor and birthing process
- Protection from infection and bleeding due to retained placenta tissue or membranes
- Offer natural pain relief from the labor and birth of the baby
- Tinctures are mainly meant for energy, transition, stress, hormone stabilization, as well as returning cycles and menopause.